For many, this truly is the most wonderful time of the year. With the weather finally cooling off in Arizona, we’re able to unpack our sweaters, turn on the fireplace, and make a cup of hot cocoa.
While the spirit of the holidays is most certainly alive in your household, communities in Arizona are joining in on the fun! Check out events happening in your neighborhood to maximize the festivities for your family this season:
- Christmas at the Princess (Scottsdale): At this point, most of us have gone to ZooLights either at the Phoenix Zoo or Reid Park Zoo in Tucson. But did you know that the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort has one of the best light displays in Arizona? With 2.8 million LED lights, a skating rink, and magical snowfalls, you won’t want to miss this one!
- Fourth Avenue Winter Street Fair (Tucson): This Winter Street Fair is home to more than 400 arts and crafts booths, food and drink vendors, musicians, and so much more! With over 60,000 fair goers each year, this is a great community event!
- Luminaria Nights (Phoenix and Tucson): The Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix and the Tucson Botanical Gardens both host Luminaria Nights during the month of December. With live music and over 7,000 luminaries, this event is especially great for those who love the gorgeous landscape of Arizona.
- Holiday Nights at Tohono Chul (Tucson): On Friday and Saturday nights at Tohono Chul Park, individuals can enjoy live music, tasty hot chocolate and baked goods, and over one million lights. You can also peruse the Museum gift shop to find the perfect holiday gifts for your loved ones.
- CitySkate Ice Rink (Downtown Phoenix): Love to ice skate but can’t find a place outdoors to do it? Look no further! Downtown Phoenix is home to the CitySkate Ice Rink. Smack dab in the middle of downtown, you’ll be surrounded by great restaurants, lights, and music.
- The Polar Express (Grand Canyon): Board a magical train and sip hot chocolate, munch on chocolate chip cookies, and listen to the story of the Polar Express as you head to meet Santa and his reindeer. Perfect for children, and children at heart, this is a great way to build excitement for Christmas morning.
- Hometown Christmas Parade (Glendale): On Saturday, December 10th, block out your calendar for the Glendale Hometown Christmas Parade. With American Idol winner and Arizona native Jordin Sparks serving as the Grand Marshall, you’ll be wowed by the colorful floats and live music!
- The Nutcracker (Phoenix and Tucson): Are you a fan of the ballet? Or simply consumed with the magic of the holidays present in the Nutcracker? Join Clara and her Nutcracker Prince as they embark on a thrilling adventure of dancing toys, mischievous mice, and sparkling snowflakes.
- Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade (Tempe): Do you love food trucks, face painting, and selfies with Santa? Then this parade is for you! See 50 festively-lighted boats of all sizes, and a firework finale when you attend this free event in Tempe!
- Glendale Glitters (Glendale): Illuminating 16 blocks of Historic Downtown Glendale, 1.5 million LEDs can be enjoyed for free by any and all. Making it the largest free holiday display in Arizona, Glendale Glitters has everything from holiday gifts to a petting zoo! Great for all ages.
These are just a few events happening in Arizona this year! What are some of your family favorites? Be sure to comment below and add yours!
From the GarageFly team to you, happy holidays!